Office Of Clerk
Angela Foote – Township Clerk
678-3089 ext. 124
Stephanie Shane – Deputy Clerk Trainee
678-3089 ext. 125
The Municipal Clerk is the chief record keeping officer of the Township of Pennsville and is responsible for keeping the minutes and records of the Committee’s proceedings, and for maintaining and compiling its ordinances and resolutions. The Municipal Clerk is appointed by the Township Committee and must become State Certified and maintain said certification in order to be appointed. The Clerk’s Office has a number of other responsibilities and duties including:
- Providing secretarial and clerical services for Council members in the discharge of their official duties
- Preparing agendas and other documents for Township Committee meetings. For a list of Township Committee Meeting dates please click here.
- Preparation and distribution of the minutes of all Township Committee meetings
- Publication of ordinances and filing of requisite proofs of publication
- Issuing and delivering all notices of Township Committee meetings
- Executing the functions required of Municipal Clerks by the General Election Law (i.e., providing information on voter registration, absentee ballots, and the mailing of appropriate forms.)
- Maintenance and filing of original titles for all Township vehicles and equipment
- Assessment Searches
- Issuing of Liquor, Bingo, Raffle, and Special Affairs Licenses
- Issuing of Solicitor’s permits.
- Collecting Trailer Park fees.
- Records Coordinator and administrator of the Open Public Records Act (OPRA)
- Notary services
In addition to the above duties and any statutory duties, the Pennsville Township Clerk’s Office oversees the Clean Communities Program. The Clean Communities Program provides mini-grants payable to non-profits who perform cleanups on the Township owned streets. Please click here for more information.
The Municipal Clerk’s Office is open Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
90 North Broadway
Pennsville, New Jersey 08070