HR Generalist Advertisement and Job Description (Part Time Open Position with Township of Pennsville)
The Township of Pennsville is seeking a part-time HR Generalist who has a passion for Human Resources and is looking to gain experience by learning and implementing programs and policies. This HR Generalist must undertake a wide range of tasks like organizing training, administering employee benefits, onboarding, crafting HR policies and procedures and more. The HR Generalist will also make sure the Township of Pennsville is compliant with all Federal and State regulations. HR will be an integral component of this growth-oriented municipality.
Employment: Part Time (29 Hours per Week)
An HR Generalist has fundamental knowledge in a broad array of subjects relating to employee benefits, hiring and selection, onboarding, employee relations and other administrative functions. The HR Generalist works with the Township of Pennsville’s Officials to distribute and communicate policies and procedures that ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update employee records.
- Provide an internal means of communication for employee complaints, concerns, and more.
- Coordinate the Hiring and Selection including Pre-Employment Screening Protocols
- Oversee the employee benefit plans for employees, retirees, and spouses.
- Create HR policies and procedures.
- Organize training and development programs for staff and management.
- Ensure organizational compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Perform administrative duties including employee set-up.
- Maintain good communication with employees and Township Officials
- Work with the Safety Officer to ensure compliance with relevant safety procedures and processes.
- Working knowledge of JIF
- Conduct Exit Interviews and enrollment in COBRA.
HR Generalist Skills
- Employee retention
- Organization and Planning
- Computer Literacy
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Interpersonal responsiveness
- Decision-Making and Problem Solving
- Knowledge of ADA and other Federal Guidelines
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area of study
2 – 5 years of work experience
Certification SHRM preferred.
- Salary range $35,000 – $45,000
- Hybrid Position – Flexible Hours
Please send all resumes to the attention of Heather McManus, Deputy Township Administrator,
90 North Broadway, Pennsville, NJ 08070 or PVEMSCAPT@pvtwp.com. Resumes should be received no later than Monday, August 28, 2023.