Please see the below message from the new contractor for pickup of Trash and Recyclables.
We at Recycle Track Systems NJ, LLC (“RTS”) are honored to service your beautiful community! Please see below information regarding your waste and recycling services and other useful resources.
- Your service will begin on August 1, 2020.
Dedicated Customer Service Resources
- We pride ourselves on being responsive to both your issues and requests.
Phone: 1-833-RTS-PENJ (833-787-7365)
Trash Collection Schedule
- Please reference this map for your trash pickup days.
- We kindly ask that all trash be placed at the curb before 6:00 am on trash day, but not before 6:00 pm on the day prior to collection.
- Please carefully secure all trash in tied plastic bags.
- Township Ordinance requires every trash container to have a trash sticker for pickup. Please place sticker so that it is plainly visible when the lid is removed by the collector. Stickers will be disposed of with the trash and will not be reusable. If there is no sticker as required, the trash will not be collected.
- Please also be careful to not park in front of trash containers or otherwise block access to your trash on trash day.
- RTS is not responsible for bulk waste, yard waste, or hazardous household waste pickup.
Recycling Collection Schedule
- Recyclables will be picked up curbside every other week the same day as your scheduled trash pickup.
What can I recycle?
- Newspaper and Paper
- Cardboard (no wax)
- Only plastic bottles labeled #1 and #2 on the bottom
- Glass bottles and jars any color
- Aluminum and Tin cans
These items are NOT recyclable
- Oily Pizza boxes
- Caps on Plastic bottles
- Aerosol cans
- Window or auto glass
- Light bulbs
- Any plastic containers with #3, #4, #5, #6 or #7 on them or no number at all
- Oil or antifreeze containers
- Plastic bags
- Coat hangers
- Paint cans
- Containers which held hazardous chemicals
- 5 gallon pails
- Household items such as toasters, cookware, etc.
- Microwave trays
- Hard cover books
- Chipboard (cereal or pizza boxes)
- Batteries (for information on Lithium Battery Recycling click here)
- Food Scraps
- Medical Waste – including needles or syringes
- Human Waste
- Coat Hangers
- Mixed Rigid Plastic
- Window or Plate glass, mirrors
- Lawn Chairs and Tables
- Tires and Rims
- Propane Tanks
Trash Collection Stickers
Stickers cost $1.50 and may be purchased at the Township Tax Office, Walgreens, Rachel’s Deli or Acme. Township Ordinance requires that when purchasing stickers one must give the following information: name of the user, the address of the property adjacent to which the waste will be placed for collection and the nature of the use of the property. The stickers are nontransferable; however, they may be redeemed from the Township at a cost if the user decides that there is no further use required. Every container of trash must have trash sticker on it. If you use trash cans, place the sticker on the top item in the can so it is plainly visible when the lid is removed by the collector. Stickers will be disposed of with the trash and will not be reusable. If there is no sticker as required, the trash will not be collected.
Learn more about recycling best practices and stay up to date on sustainability and waste initiatives by following us on social media! Our blog has educational resources for residents, including free on-demand webinars, activities for children, and frequently updated blog posts on sustainability trends.
Thank you for choosing RTS. We look forward to working with your town!