Firearms Application Procedures:
FIREARMS APPLICATION & REGISTRATION SYSTEM (FARS)
- Visit the New Jersey State Police Website. You must enter the site address as follows:
- When you login you must enter the Pennsville Police Department ORI#: NJ0170500
- Complete the online application. You must complete the application using a smart phone, mobile device, laptop or desktop computer.
- When deciding how many permits you would like to obtain, remember:
- One (1) permit is required for each handgun you wish to purchase. (Each Permit is $2.00)
- You can purchase one (1) handgun in a thirty (30) day period.
- Permits are good up to 180 days (with renewal after 90 days)
- If you decide you want another handgun permit and you didn’t get more than one initially, you will need to apply again.
- You will need to submit payment at the Police Department for your permits and if applicable, the Firearms ID card. Permits to purchase handguns are $2.00 for each permit, and $5.00 for the initial ID card and no fee for a duplicate ID card. All fees must be paid prior to the issuance of any ID Card or permit.
- You will be receiving automated email updates throughout this new process. Once your application is complete, someone from the Pennsville Police Department will contact you to retrieve your Firearms ID card and/or handgun permit documents.
- Please advise your references that the FARS system will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your references can complete the questions using a smart phone, mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
- The on-line application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone numbers for yourself and references as well as the best email addresses for yourself and your references.
- The New Jersey State Police website provides information on New Jersey firearms laws, transportation of firearms and frequently asked questions. The website can be located by the following link:
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PROPERLY SECURE YOUR FIREARM WHEN LEFT UNATTENDED.
The contact person for the Pennsville Police Department for firearms permits and ID card applications is Lieutenant Patrick Spillman. He can be reached at 678-3089 Ext. 510 or email@example.com